Friday, January 13, 2012

House Divided Pasta

     I hate fighting with my husband I really do, but yesterday we got into it for basically no reason. I am also one of those people that when we fight, I just want him to get the F away from me. So, I knew I had to make dinner but I didn't want him to step in on my food, so I came up with this:

Skill: Intermediate
Prep: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Ingredients:
  • 1 Can vodka sauce
  • 2 Handfuls of green beans (fresh, chopped in 1/3 size pieces)
  • Asparagus tips (fresh)
  • Whole wheat pasta
  • Butter
  • 1 Chicken breast
  • 12 Mini meatballs (I use Kirkland brand Italian style meatballs)
  • Mozzarella cheese (Shredded)
  • Italian seasoning
  • Olive oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper

Recipe:
  1. Start the water for boiling with oil and salt in it.
  2. Preheat oven to 375 and throw in the chicken breast and meatballs for about 20 minutes
  3. Put vodka sauce in small sauce pan and simmer, add 2 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp butter and 1/4 cup water
  4. Saute up the green beans and asparagus tips until they still crispy
  5. Throw pasta in and cook for 13 minutes or until tender
  6. Drain pasta
  7. Put pasta, sauce and veggies in a serving dish. Make sure you can put this dish in the oven!
  8. Slice chicken and cover 1/2 of the pasta with that and 1/2 with meatballs
  9. Add mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning
  10. And bake at 375 till the cheese is golden brown.


Obviously I had Texas Toast with mine but you don't really need it of you don't want it. So there it is. You stay on your side of the dinner and I'll stay n mine. Happy fighting!

<3---R


No comments:

Post a Comment